We may use your personal information to:
- Provide you with travel products and services;
- Consider your request for a product or service;
- Provide you with information about other products and services that may be of interest to you including information about our business partners’ products and services. Please see the section titled ‘MARKETING AND PRIVACY’ for further information;
- Assist in arrangements and reservations with suppliers (such as airlines, tour operators, car hire operators, hotels and insurance providers) in relation to the provision of a product or service;
- Collect and process payments, though us or a third party;
- Perform all other administrative and operational tasks (including risk management, systems development and testing, staff training, and market or customer satisfaction research);
- To facilitate your participation in loyalty programs;
- Analyse how our products and services (including any websites) are used;
- Personalise the service or communication we provide to you, tailor your experience on our website or other websites to your interests and make more appropriate travel recommendations; and
- Investigate, detect and protect us and other third parties against, negligence, breach of contract, fraud, theft and other illegal activities;
See also the section titled ‘COOKIES, PIXEL TAGS AND GEO-LOCATION INFORMATION’
We may disclose your personal information to:
- Suppliers of products or services which you have selected (such as airlines, tour operators, car hire operators, hotels and insurance providers);
- Third-party travel service providers who assist in fulfilling the booking you have made;
- Our online booking facility operator and host and others who assist in providing these services.
- Third-party sponsors or co-sponsors of promotions on our website. Only information collected during a promotion will be disclosed to these parties;
- Third parties when we contract out some of our functions and activities, such as our call centre operator and mailing house. In these circumstances, we prohibit third parties from using your personal information, except for the specific purpose for which we supply it;
- Government authorities in the event of an accident, disaster or emergency; and
- Others where we are authorised or required by law to do so
Your information will also be shared between Insider Journeys entities for the purposes outlined in the section titled ‘HOW DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
The third parties we disclose your personal information to (our suppliers, travel service providers, call centre operator, website manager, cloud infrastructure and data centre providers) may be located outside your country of residence. Your personal information may also be shared between Insider Journeys entities which may be located overseas, including in the United States of America, United Kingdom, New Zealand, Vietnam, Laos, Cambodia, Thailand, China, Indonesia, and Myanmar. Generally, we will only disclose your personal information to these overseas entities in connection with facilitation of your travel booking and/or to enable the performance of administrative and technical services by them on our behalf.
If you do not wish to use a cookie, you can adjust your browser settings to reject cookies or notify you when they are being used. You may opt-out of certain Session Data being collected while you are using a mobile device by clicking here.
We also use pixel tags to monitor the open rate of our communications. This helps us understand the effectiveness of communications we send. We do not use this information for any other purpose.
When using the Insider Journeys mobile site or applications (if applicable), you may search for products and services in the area in which you are located. If you choose to do so, depending on the mobile device or application you are using, we may collect your geo-location information to search for the applicable products and services or to personalise and improve your individual viewing experiences on our website and provide information that may be of interest to you. You may at any time disable our collection and use of your location information by turning location services off at the device level.
You may choose to opt-out of Google Analytics using the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on which you may access here.
We store personal information in a combination of secure computer storage facilities, paper-based facilities and other records. If you have registered on our website, we store your personal information (and any personal information of individuals for whom you have made reservations) in databases, email servers, and third-party email marketing services. This includes storage of information (such as billing information) so that you do not need to re-enter it each time you book a product or service unless you tell us not to store it.
We will endeavour to take all reasonable precautions to maintain the security of the information in our systems. We use a combination of security measures to prevent the unauthorised access of our servers and regularly review our security policies. Your personal information will be stored in secured locations and on servers controlled by Insider Journeys, located either at our offices or at the offices of our service providers.
The payment pages on this website (if any) are encrypted using the internationally accepted security system SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) to encrypt all credit card payments over the web. This means that the information from these pages are sent back to our server in a secure fashion and adequately protected against known interception schemes.
Subject to some exceptions contained in the Privacy Act, you can find out what personal information we hold about you. You can contact our Privacy Officer using the details in the section titled ‘CONTACT OUR PRIVACY OFFICER’ to find out about the personal information we hold about you. We will need to verify your identity before giving you access. Depending on the complexity of your request, we may charge a reasonable fee for processing the request. However, we will not charge for the making of the request.
If you would like to correct or update any information we hold about you, please contact our Privacy Officer using the details in the section titled ‘CONTACT OUR PRIVACY OFFICER’.
We will only collect your sensitive information with your consent and where it is desirable for your travel arrangements. We will only use and disclose your sensitive information for the primary purpose for which it was collected or a purpose that is directly related to this primary purpose and reasonably expected. Otherwise, we will not collect, use or disclose sensitive information about you unless required to do so by law. Sensitive information, as defined by law, is any information about a person’s racial or ethnic origin, political opinion, membership of a political association, religious beliefs or affiliations, philosophical beliefs, membership of a professional or trade association, membership of a trade union, sexual orientation or practices, criminal record, health information, biometric information that is to be used for the purpose of automated biometric verification or biometric identification or biometric templates.
Serving customers well is very important to us. As part of this service, we may use your personal information to identify a product or service that you may be interested in. We may contact you from time to time to let you know about new or exciting products or services and special offers that may be of interest to you, including information about our business partners’ products and services.
If you wish to opt-out of receiving marketing communications from us, including communications from us on behalf of our business partners, please contact our Privacy Officer using the details in the section titled ‘CONTACT OUR PRIVACY OFFICER’ section below, or for emails, use the unsubscribe facility.
We and the third-party advertisers use Session Data, such as the destination of your search, in order to advertise to you on our website and on other sites. We do not sell your Session Data to any other party in connection with our ad programs, but we may use it in order to run ads on behalf of others, such as travel suppliers. You can opt-out of this kind of advertising by clicking here. By opting out of this kind of advertising you may still receive ads from Insider Journeys or ads from other parties that are broadly targeted (not on the basis of your Session Data).
We may from time to time monitor and review any information transmitted or received through our website, or through telephone or e-mail communications, for quality assurance and other purposes. We reserve the right to censor, edit, remove or prohibit the transmission or receipt of any information that we deem inappropriate or in violation of our terms and conditions. During monitoring the information may be examined, recorded or copied.
If you wish to complain about our handling of your personal information, please contact our Privacy Officer using the details below.
We will investigate all complaints and respond to you as soon as practicable. If we find a complaint justified, we will resolve it. If necessary, we will change our policies and procedures to maintain our high standards of performance, service and customer care.
If your complaint is not satisfactorily resolved, you may lodge a complaint with the Federal Privacy Commissioner. For more information on privacy, you can contact the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner’s (OAIC’s) hotline service on 1300 363 992 or visit the OAIC ‘s website at www.oaic.gov.au.
If you have a privacy complaint or wish to correct, update or access the personal information that we hold about you, please contact our Customer Service using the following details:
Address: Customer Service
Insider Journeys Pty Ltd
Level 1, 503-505 Kent St
Sydney, NSW 2000, Australia